Thurngasse 4, A-1090 Vienna
We, at Engineering For Kids® AUSTRIA, are very excited and honored to introduce in Austria one of the top U.S. enrichment programs in STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics - education for children ages 4 to 14. We strongly believe that early exposure to STEM education has a lasting impact on a child's future.
STEM is a curriculum based on the idea of educating students in four specific disciplines - Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics - in an interdisciplinary and applied approach. Rather than teach the four disciplines as separate and discrete subjects, STEM integrates them into a cohesive learning paradigm based on real-world applications (livescience.com).
Introducing children to STEM at an early stage has a positive impact on their cognitive and educational development:
- Cognitive/Intellectual Development: On one hand, educating children in STEM subjects prepares them for life, regardless of the profession they choose to follow. These subjects teach students how to think critically and how to solve problems, on their own and as part of a group — skills that can be used throughout life to help them get through tough times and take advantage of opportunities whenever they appear (wired.com).
- Educational Development: On the other hand, offering children early on an opportunity to explore their potential interest in STEM disciplines - in becoming an engineer, an innovator, an active contributor to the future of the Global Economy and the Industry 4.0 - could give them access to many more career options in the future. The industrial landscape, working life and production systems are changing. The question is no longer "When", but "How" to respond.
Why Engineering For Kids®?
Engineering For Kids®, it is our mission to bring the wonder and excitement of STEM
education to children, by offering them a variety of hands-on project-based learning experiences through fun and challenging activities.
Our curriculum meets U.S. national standards in STEM: Science (NSES), Technology & Engineering (ITEEA), and Mathematics (NCTM), and we pride ourselves on continuously ensuring our programs stay current, meet strict safety requirements, actively engage students both mentally and physically, and encourage students to think creatively and intelligently. You can rest assured we will provide your children with challenging, fun, and relevant projects designed to enhance their learning and skill sets for a productive future!
Our offering includes after-school programs, workshops, special events, birthday parties, camps and other activities that range from designing and constructing rockets, hot air balloons and roller coasters, flashlights and bridges, to making foam and flub, designing incredibly fast CO2 dragsters, to battling robots, programming video games and creating fun objects using LEGO® bricks. The variety of programming is extraordinary!
Through a six-step Engineering Design Process (ask-brainstorm-design-build-test-improve) used during each activity, our programs:
- Help children build critical-thinking and problem-solving, collaboration and social skills;
- Improve creativity, and create independent thinkers;
- Encourage children to discover how things work;
- Motivate children to learn math and science concepts by engaging them in real-world engineering problems;
- Inspire children to explore further the Engineering/STEM disciplines!
We provide the most comprehensive Engineering Program, covering the following disciplines:
Aerospace Environmental Electrical
Chemical Mechanical Industrial and Civil
Marine LEGO® Robotics Electronic Game Design
Engineering For Kids® will build and nurture your child's natural curiosity and love for building, taking things apart, and teaching them engineering concepts. Engineering, after all, is one of the fastest growing industries in the world, and it is important for children interested in it to get a head-start on concepts and ideas that could fall into their future interests and line of work.
For more information, or if you would like us to be available at your child's school or kindergarten, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.